News of the iPhone 14 release date are rumored to be moved up. A well-regarded Apple leaker suggests the iPhone 14 event will take place a whole week earlier from September 13th. Device sales would be available a few days later. We’ve already spoken to its leaked hole punch design and rumored camera update. But let’s see what else the rumor mill is churning on what we know about the new device.
- Expect four new phones and no Mini version
- Base phone starts at $799, Max phone going for $100 more
- Pro and Pro Max start at $10,99 and $1,100 respectively
- Pro versions will get the punch-hole camera, no notch, Face ID underneath the screen
- Pro models sport a new chip A16 or A16 Bionic, with 6GB of RAM for faster & more advanced memory
- Potentially up to 2TB storage
- iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Pro – 6.1-inch (or 6.06-inch) 1170 x 2532 OLED screens
- iPhone 14 Max and iPhone 14 Pro Max – 6.7-inch (or 6.68-inch) 1284 x 2778 OLED screens
- Always-on display
- iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max – 48MP main cameras, triple-lens snapper on all but standard
- Battery capacity could increase up to 4,325mAh
Will we get the USB-C finally? Rumors suggest this is unlikely to happen with only one source stating it would for the Pro versions. We might also see a Rose Gold edition of the Pro. But, this might be the smallest upgrade for Apple so far.
With supply chain difficulties slowing things down, manufacturing might still be on track. We’ll continue to be on the lookout for Ming-Chi Kuo and other reputable leakers for more information closer to the Apple iPhone 14 release date. So, who’s skipping the 13 and going straight to 14?