Winter Music Conference (WMC), an iconic week long electronic music conference held every March in Miami Beach, Florida, comes back for its 34th year this March 25-28, 2019 at the Faena Forum, Miami Beach. WMC brings professionals across the industry together such as DJs, Artists, A&R, Promoters, Radio and Media for seminars and panels.
WMC has just announced their first keynote speakers, programming and partnerships: Dr. Douglas Rushkoff, one of the “world’s ten most influential intellectuals” as named by MIT, will delivering the keynote presentation focused around his “Team Human” Podcast and deep topics concerning the human connection.
Armin van Buuren, legendary Dutch Trance Producer, DJ, label head and businessman, will be leading a presentation on his famed “A State of Trance”. “A State of Trance” is one of the world’s most popular electronic dance brands and was built from the ground up starting with the very first episode back in 2001. Alongside Armin, there will be other prominent Trance DJs and Producers that will discuss the progression of Trance amongst other things.
Irvine Welsh – known for his often controversial novels, stories and screenplays such as “Trainspotting”, will be joined by DJ Pierre, acid house originator, to discuss the evolution and impact of acid house on global culture and music – tracing the influence from the earliest moments all the way to present day.
Laidback Luke, one of the most revered DJs of all time, will be hosting WMC’s “The Power of Creative DJing” – being an expert in seamless traversing the genres of dance music, there is no one better to lead this main stage presentation.
The Platinum selling DJ and Producer Sam Feldt will also be present at WMC alongside a special guest to discuss green philanthropy. Feldt and his special guest will be leading a very important discussion about how we can make the world a better place in the near and long term future.
Needless to say, for lovers of electronic dance music and for members of the industry, you won’t want to miss these WMC panels and keynote presentations.
Below are the first WMC panels:
WMC // Access Panels:
– Breaking In: How To Get Your Start In The Electronic Music Industry
– Signing With The Future: How Labels Utilize New Technologies For Sustained Growth
– Surviving Indie: Innovation and Brand Building As An Independent Label
– Spinnin’ Records Panel w/ special surprise guests
– Daily artist panels including Bass, House, Techno, Drum & Bass genres
– Digital Collision: The Convergence of Esports, Gaming And Electronic Music Culture
– The Bleeding Edge: Shaping The Next Wave Of Electronic Music Culture
WMC // Industry Badge (upgrade) Exclusive Panels:
– The Death of The Newsfeed: Using FB Messenger To Effectively Reach Your Followers
– The Data Solution: Viberate Presents Current Market Trends And Analytics Strategy
– Music Placement – How To Get Your Music Synced With Brands, Films, TV, and Advertising
– Brands x Artists x Culture: How To Create An Authentic Music Strategy
– AFEM Presents – Get Played Get Paid: How the rise of Music Recognition Technology at DJ Events could put money in your pocket
– Practically Green: Environmental Solutions for the Music Industry
– Presentation by Grammy.com/Recording Academy/MusiCares with a very special guest