Lane 8 – Little By Little
Daniel Goldstein aka Lane 8 has been one of the most melodic and well rounded producers in the game, and now his second album Little By Little has officially been released. Over two years after his debut album Rise he decided to take to a much more methodical approach in making this album. With it being released via his own imprint This Never Happened he has all the creative control he needs.
Alongside this release of this album came an extensive global 35-date headline tour, which will incorporate his ‘This Never Happened’ event concept. “As This Never Happened shows, Lane 8 will again ask all in attendance to connect with each other and the music in the purest possible way. As such, no phone cameras or filming will be allowed on the dancefloor. Leave your phone. Experience the moment. This Never Happened.” Expect a immersive and intimate as well present journey through ‘Little By Little” with Lane 8.
Bringing the album to a beautiful beginning is a track by the name of ‘Daya’. With those signature sounds Daniel is known for, he wastes no time with such a great opening song. As the song continues it brings you to such a happy and positive place.
As ‘Daya’ ends, No Captain ft. Polica comes in, a band from Minnesota that come together for an absolute gem of piece of work. Most notably hearing the soft & splendid vocals of band member Channy Leaneagh has this track absolutely mesmerizing.With lyrics “I don’t want to hear how you are different, I don’t want to hear how we’re the same, When you gonna show me how you love me, That’s the way to make me stay.” A track that resonates with you emotionally and soulfully as well.
Alas ‘Atlas’ comes into play and it’s the type of track you can just see you losing yourself on the dancefloor to it. Those synths build and and build on top of each other to just the eloquence Mr Goldstein is known for.
‘Clarify ft. Fractures’ has a sultry and full of soul feel to it and brings a marvelous use of vocals along with it. Fractures, Australian producer and vocalist has a truly great way of illustrating a mood change of emotion in the album here.
“Little By Little” the title track of the album is a perfect name for how the track progresses, little by little. Known for his ever so evolvement in his music and how it all comes together, you really see the message he’s putting forth. He had this to say about the album,
“Throughout this year, I found a lot of joy in focusing on each little task achieved, each small accomplishment that pushed me one step closer to the goal of making another album – another experience – that I was really proud of. In a way I think that’s what this album is all about – taking the time to appreciate each small step in a larger journey.’
The last single in the album is ‘Stir Me Up’ and it’s one that evokes empathy and compassion as it goes on. Daniel had this to say about it, “One of the things i love about making albums is the opportunity to create music that’s a little bit outside of the normal formulas of lane 8 music. a song that might otherwise not make sense as a single can be the perfect change of pace on an album, and i’ve always really cherished the album format for that reason, among many others.stir me up was written as exactly one of those pieces of music, a change-up midway through the album that provides a little bit of contrast to the music that surrounds it.”
‘Skin & Bones featuring Patrick Baker’ is actually their second collaboration, their first being ‘Ghost’ off his first album ‘Rise’. Patrick Baker, a singer,songwriter and producer from Nashville has a alluring nature to his vocals on this one. So well produced in its making, Skin & Bones is a track to be sure to relate to.
‘Hold on feat. Fractures’ comes along and takes you upon a synthy and journey esque type of song. Fractures again comes in with chords of absolute geniusness and captivates you more and more as the song unravels.
A song of love and hope as soon as it begins goes by the name of ‘Coming Back To You’ ft. JF July’. JF July, hailing from London graces this track with velvety smooth vocals that complete the production Lane 8 has put behind this track.
As the last track of the album comes to, its title is ‘No End In Sight/ Outro’ it sirens the end of a beautifully done masterpiece of an album. Ending on a positive note, the track progresses to some thump beats of his everlasting Lane 8 sound.
Lane 8 Little By Little Tour Dates:
- January 25th – Ironwood Hall, Austin, TX
- January 26th – Stereo Live Houston, Houston, TX
- January 27th – Stereo Live Dallas, Dallas, TX
- February 1st – Concord Music Hall, Chicago, IL
- February 2nd – Majestic Theatre, Madison, WI
- February 3rd – Magic Stick, Detroit, MI
- February 8th – The Loft at Skyway Theatre, Minneapolis, MN
- February 9th – Space, Miami, FL
- February 10th – Gilt, Orlando, FL
- February 16th – Republic New Orleans, New Orleans, LA
- February 17th – The Ritz Ybor, Tampa, FL
- February 22nd – 9:30 Club, Washington, DC
- February 23rd – Union Transfer, Philadelphia, PA
- February 24th – Brooklyn Steel, Brooklyn, NY
- February 25th – The Sinclair, Cambridge, MA
- March 2nd – Corona Theatre, Montreal, QC
- March 3rd – Danforth Music Hall, Toronto, ON
- March 8th – Terminal West, Atlanta, GA
- March 9th – The Van Buren, Phoenix, AZ
- March 10th – The Novo, Los Angeles, CA
- March 14th – WOW Hall, Eugene, OR
- March 15th – VENUE, Vancouver, BC
- March 16th – Holocene, Portland, OR
- March 17th – The Showbox, Seattle, WA
- March 23rd – Ogden Theatre, Denver, CO
- March 24th – Warfield Theatre, San Francisco, CA
- March 25th – Ace of Spades, Sacramento, CA
- April 20th – Sugar, Adelaide, AUS
- April 21st – Max Watts, Sydney, AUS
- April 24th – Prince Bandroom, Melbourne, AUS
- April 25th – Capulet, Brisbane, AUS
- May 3rd – Phonox, London, UK
- May 4th – Versions, Manchester, UK
- May 5th – Concorde 2, Brighton, UK
- May 6th – Voodoo, Belfast, UK