2 People Hurt After Intense Fire At Cosmopolitan Las Vegas

Cosmopolitan fire
One of Vegas’ most popular hotels, The Cosmopolitan, was engulfed in flames on the 14th floor near their Bamboo Pool on the West End tower (the Marquee Dayclub Pool is safe). All the residents at the West End tower were evacuated in a timely manner. It’s been found that the fire was started by the pool’s cabanas and artificial plants due to over 100 degree weather. It then spread throughout the decorative palm trees and even to the canopy covering area. It took over 30 minutes to take out the fire and there were only 2 recorded hospitalizations for smoke inhalation (no burn victims). The Cosmopolitan closed parts of the hotel indefinitely until further notice and the situation has been stabilized.

FOX5 Vegas – KVVU

 photo cosmo-fx-twitter-072515-dl_zps0orwgpwu.jpg