OneBeat Debuts First EDM App for Xbox 360
May 28, 2013 – Today, OneBeat, one of the lead entertainment and media companies dedicated to the EDM culture, released the first EDM centered entertainment app exclusively on the Xbox 360. The app is a one-stop gateway for EDM lovers and launches with an assortment of never-before-seen content and programming that greatly immerses viewers in EDM lifestyle through the eyes of the DJs, festivals, fashion, dancers, travel and fans that make up this worldwide audience. Beginning early next month, the app will add live streaming performances, event calendars and ticket sales to the mix.
Mikhail Lapushner, CEO of OneBeat, “The OneBeat Xbox 360 app brings exclusive, premier EDM content to one of the largest-scale entertainment channels with millions of highly engaged users, providing more accessibility to this demographic and culture than ever before. We are thrilled about what this means for fans, talent and advertisers around the world.” OneBeat’s broadcast-quality video content showcases a behind-the-scenes look at the state of the art technology, influential artists, cultural icons and global events that shape EDM culture. The app will launch with eleven original channels for the Xbox audiences including:
1. DJ Answers: Exclusive Q&A’s with elite EDM artists as they answer burning questions designed to reveal the personality behind the public personae.
2. You Should Know Me By Now: A profile series on DJs who have earned years of industry respect—now on the verge of breakthrough to the next level of success
3. On Tour: Documentaries on the frenzied torrent of an elite DJ’s touring schedule. Gives an all-access pass into clubs around the world from the eyes of the DJ.
4. Them-antics: A look inside some of the world’s most interesting EDM parties—from the location to the costumes to the themes—OneBeat reveals these unique experiences.
5. On the Record: A biography series that explores the backgrounds, influences and lifestyles of the world’s most famous and influential DJs/producers by revealing the successes and struggles that paved their way to fame.
6. This is my Life: An artful montage revealing a day in the life of EDM scene regulars, giving respect to the party people that make the scene go round from door girls to sound guys.
7. Road Trippin’: A premium reality show chronicling the best music festivals around the world, featuring millennial host Kirsten Brophy . Revealing the authentic EDM experience, Kirsten discovers the music, art and party people of each episodes featured event.
8. EXPOSED: A travel show featuring diverse EDM destinations through the lens of a jet-setting party-goer—from the stunning villas, VIP access and the ultimate experience in travel, leisure, adventure and luxury.
9. Keep it Movin’: A docu-reality series featuring four talented young music producers and underground party promoters from Staten Island who struggle to make it beyond their blue-collar backgrounds and realize their ultimate dream.
10. GoGo Tales: An inside look into the life of a GoGo dancer who rediscovers her role in the seductively seedy New York scene of underground house music, running the roost at Club System in Long Island—all while maintaining a semi-normal home life.
11. Club King: A premium docu-reality series following legendary nightlife promoter Mark Baker as he produces the most fabulous parties and events in NYC—from the drama and headaches behind the events,, to the house rocking DJs and sparkling shows of champagne.
All episodes are available in short-form programming profiling the talent and amazing visionaries that make up this incredible music movement. The ad-supported app is now available for download to Xbox LIVE Gold members in the U.S., U.K., and Canada at no additional cost.
Joseph Kanellitsas , Chief Creative Officer OneBeat. “Our exclusive content captures a behind-the-scenes look at the colorful stories that make this industry what it is. We are excited to bring this content to life—showcasing the DJs, the fans, the promoters, the dancers and more–through the Xbox 360 app.”