Forbes is reporting there are many other issues with the update – many that go beyond the problems concerning XML files for DJs. Alas, music applications aren’t the only technical issues. Furthermore, many other applications including Apple Aperture, Microsoft Office 2011 and Adobe CS6 are reporting issues as well. Additionally, since macOS 10.15 Catalina is fully 64-bit, many applications will not function properly.
Positives From the Catalina Update
Despite many of the issues above, Catalina does have a lot to offer. The update even allows users to run an iPad as a second screen. Updates have also been made with Sidecar, Accessibility, Apple Arcade, Security and Privacy, Photos and many more. Here are some highlights below:
- The new Find My app combines Find My iPhone and Find My Friends into a single, easy-to-use app on Mac, iPad and iPhone. Find My can help users locate a missing Mac even if it’s offline and sleeping by sending out Bluetooth signals that can be detected by Apple devices in use nearby, and then relaying the detected location of the Mac to iCloud so a user can can locate it in the Find My app.
- Photos features a beautiful new browsing experience that intelligently showcases the user’s best pictures.
- Safari has an updated start page that uses Siri Suggestions to elevate frequently visited sites, bookmarks, iCloud tabs, Reading List selections and links sent in Messages.
- Mail in macOS Catalina adds the ability to block email from a specified sender, mute an overly active thread and unsubscribe from commercial mailing lists.
- Notes now has a brand new Gallery View, more powerful search tools and additional collaboration options.
- Reminders has been redesigned with an all-new user interface that makes it easier to create, organize and track reminders.
All in all, stay tuned for future updates. The launch of Catalina hasn’t been pretty, but hopefully many of these issues will be resolved soon.
Check out our official EDMTunes playlist for the freshest tracks - updated weekly!