Over the past couple weeks, we’ve been presenting you with the best that electronic music had to offer in 2015. First, we revealed our list of the ‘Top 10 Remixes of 2015’, with Porter Robinson’s take on Nero’s “The Thrill” claiming the top stop. Next, it was Above & Beyond’s time to shine, as the trio’s We Are All We Need came in at number 1 on our list of the ‘Top 5 Albums of 2015’. Finally, we revealed that Jauz was this year’s biggest new star on our list of the ‘Top 5 Breakout Acts of 2015’.
Now that we’ve gotten those lists out of the way, it’s time for the most important one of them all: the ‘Top 25 Original Tracks of 2015’. In order to determine the best of the best, we (the editors) created a Facebook poll and asked our staff members what they thought the best original track of 2015 was. This was the fairest way to compile the list and while many of you might not agree with the selections, we feel that we were pretty accurate. With that in mind, it’s time to get started.
25. Galantis – Peanut Butter Jelly
24. DJ Snake ft. Bipolar Sunshine – Middle
23. Axwell /\ Ingrosso – On My Way
22. The Chainsmokers ft. ROZES – Roses
21. Flosstradamus & TroyBoi – Soundclash
20. Cazzette ft. Newtimers – Together
19. Wrechiski & Jason Ross – Atlas
18. Alison Wonderland – U Don’t Know
17. ZHU x Bone Thugs-N-Harmony x Trombone Shorty – Hold Up Wait A Minute
16. Don Diablo ft. Emeni – Universe
15. Louis The Child ft. K.Flay – It’s Strange
14. Steve Angello ft. Gary Go – Prisoner
13. Nero – The Thrill
12. Disclosure ft. Sam Smith – Omen
11. Flume ft. Andrew Wyatt – Some Minds
10. Tchami ft. Stacy Barthe – After Life
9. Jauz & Ephwurd – Rock The Party
8. Calvin Harris & Disciples – How Deep Is Your Love
7. Kaskade ft. Ilsey – Disarm You
6. Duke Dumont – Ocean Drive
5. Andrew Bayer ft. Asbjørn – Super Human
When a tune is debuted at a legendary venue, there is a good chance it will turn into a legendary track. Bayer premiered “Super Human” at Madison Square Garden during ABGT100 and it ended up becoming one of 2015’s best tracks and added another jewel to the Anjunabeats crown.
4. Valentino Khan – Deep Down Low
This particular track was everywhere during Miami Music Week, with artists such as Axwell /\ Ingrosso, Zeds Dead, DJ Snake, Tchami and more incorporating it into their Ultra sets. That being said, things got real when Alesso dropped it during his headlining set at Coachella. After that, “Deep Down Low” became inescapable during festival season and Valentino Khan scored a well-earned hit.
3. Jack Ü ft. Justin Bieber – Where Are Ü Now
It could be argued that Diplo and Skrillex completely resurrected Justin Bieber’s career with “Where Are Ü Now”. The song kicked off a huge year for the Canadian pop star and since its release, he has been smashing records with his latest album Purpose. This track was definitely one of the songs of the summer, along with the other Diplo-produced jam below.
2. Major Lazer & DJ Snake ft. MØ – Lean On
Diplo was recently nominated for ‘Producer of the Year’ at the Grammy Awards, which isn’t really surprising since he helped create two of the year’s biggest tunes. “Lean On” was all over the radio this year and Spotify even declared it the ‘Most Streamed Song of All-Time’. Not bad for an electronic song.
Eric Prydz – Opus
Last but not least, we have the king of progressive house: Eric Prydz. This song took the top spot by a mile. The superstar premiered “Opus” during his EDC Las Vegas set and fans have been drooling over it ever since. It’s the title track of Prydz’s forthcoming album and we can only hope that the rest of the LP is half as good as this tune. If you still haven’t listened to “Opus”, do it now. It will be the best 9 minutes you’ve ever spent.
How did we do? Let us know what your favorite original track of 2015 was in the comments.